Thursday, August 18, 2011

53) Good Vibrations From London TV Special (1972/06/03)


Sometime early last year a package was sent to me with this cd. The guy had recorded an FM broadcast of this television show on a reel to reel and said it was a significant upgrade of what existed before. When I listened to it, I was blown away. It's a very strange stereo mix you'll have to say!

This recording has not yet circulated so this is the first place to discover it. I did not include the other acts (Sha Na Na, Richie Havens, Melanie and Joe Cocker) as this is a BB blog. Here we go with 3 songs:

01) Do It Again (2:51)
02) Wild Honey (2:42)
03) Help Me Rhonda (3:29)

Total Time = 9:02 but some of the best 9 minutes you'll want to put on any of your 70's BB concert mixes!!!

FLAC

Keep yer shoes on!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, exclusive stuff! Awesome. :3

    Oh, can I request something for you? Can you post the Landylocked bootleg? :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this great stuff in the past week! I'm extremely curious... how can I SEE this TV special? I've been looking for it! Anyways, I'm about to listen to the audio. I'm excited to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link doesn't seem to work any more. Please could someone let me know where I might find it or could it be re-upped? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any possibility of the Melanie portion?
    Would be for https://www.facebook.com/groups/Melanites

    ReplyDelete